The inaugural Chili Cook-Off was a huge success in 2017 and we knocked it out of the park last year so join us on Saturday, July 20th for the 3rd Annual WSNA Chili Cook-Off. It's once again at the beautiful home of Valerie Boulter, 920 N. Louise from 6:00 to 9:00PM. We'll be sampling and judging 15 homemade chilis made by your neighbors. There will be chili fixins & cornbread. And what would a chili cook-off be without beer? We'll have plenty of that plus soft drinks and water. Since there's beer involved, the cook-off is a 21 and over event.
Judging is by people's choce. Every registered participant will receive a voting ticket and a chili evalutation form. Tasting will begin at 6:30. When you've made a decision as to your favorate, write the chili number on the voting ticket and deposit it in the entry box. Towards the end of the evening, the ballots will be counted and the winners announced. To keep it a fair competiton, the identity of each chili will be hidden and you'll vote by number.
Like our Wine Walk, we have to limit the number of attendees to make sure there's enough of everything to go around. Purchase your reservations now to guarantee yourself a place in this first-ever monumental event. Proceeds are donated to WSNA, your nonprofit, all-volunteer neighborhood association, a 501(c)(3) organization.
Reservations are $15/person (until Saturday morining) and can be purchased with your credit card below. You can also bring a check to Dave Dethloff at 1016 N. Westwood. When the event sells out it will be posted here. If there is still space available tickets can be purchased at the event for $20/person
Get your tickets at the Cook-Off. Bring cash or check. See you there!Washington Square Chili Cook-Off Competitors: We have a full compliment of cooks this year, get your recipe ready for next year!
Here is your chance to get your name engraved on the trophy as the winner of the 2nd annual WSNA Chili Cook-Off. Do you have a special recipe for chili that's been in the family for 100 years? Have you never made chili before but think you can churn out a legendary batch? Here's your chance! We're looking for 15 cooks to compete and feed your neighbors on July 14th. The rules are simple:
1. Sign up below to insure your place in history. We're collecting a $20 entry fee via PayPal to keep track of the competitors. The fee will be refunded when you bring 6-8 quarts of your finest to 920 North Louise Street between 5:30 & 5:45 on July 14th your chili MUST arrive by 5:45 to receive your deposit back.
2. Make any type of chili you want. There are no rules. spicy, mild, with beans, without beans, white chicken chili, vegetarian chili, whatever you think might garner you the trophy.
3. Make 6-8 quarts of your chili and bring it fully cooked to 920 North Louise Street in a slow cooker. We'll provide power to keep it hot and dole it out in 2 oz samples to your judging and hungry neighbors.
4. Your Chili Competitor reservation below includes admission for yourself and one other family member. Purchase additional reservations above for additional guests.
5. The first place winner will receive a spot in history with your name engraved on the WSNA Chili Cook-Off trophy which you'll keep for one year. You'll also receive an engraved first place cutting board which is yours to keep and a $100 gas card to our neighborhood Chevron station.
6. 2nd & 3rd place winners also will be recognized with engraved cutting boards and a $50 and $25 gas card respectively.
7. All 15 competitors will receive a commemorative spoon to celebrate the event.
8. Washington Square residents only please as competitors.
What are you waiting for? Sign up today so you don't get left in the chili powder. Don't have an 8 qt slow cooker? They're inexpensive. Less than $40 for an 8 t slow cooker at Amazon If you bring your chili in a pot, bring your own heat source to keep it warm. Electric crock pots and slow cookers are preferred..
You can call or text Dave Dethloff if you have questions at 714-721-8124.